Tuesday 5 November 2019

Winter Is Coming Quilt Made.

I sorted out all the different package of squares today.


This was one lot. 


Another 


and another.

As it was supposed to be a 'Winter Charm Swap' with "no Christmas or Holiday fabrics", I was surprised to see so many of those sorts of fabrics included, but no problem as there is more than enough to make a least two, possibly three quilts, so all good fun.  I am quite sure the Rose Cottage Hittys will be absolutely delighted to get a Christmas Quilt in due course!

I decided to go with a blue theme, as I wanted to make Hitty Morag a quilt, and she seems to really suit the blues.


Deciding how to edge it was tricky, as I wanted to utilise the fabrics I was sent, and the fit was not easy... as I had included some reds in the layout I picked the red fabric strips from one of the packages to border the blues.


Hitty Morag seems pleased with the result


I used to quilt a lot but haven't done any in a long time, so lost my confidence a bit and was a bit stuck at just what to do so went for simple.  


These swaps a such fun to take part in.  To think this little quilt is made by me, with fabrics from across the world kindly given by lots of lovely Hitty friends is a real treat.


1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the quilt! The bird in the center is so sweet! I am looking forward to seeing what you make next.

    ReplyDelete

Hi welcome to our Hitty World. We love to read comments so please feel free to make one. Have a good day.