Thursday 29 August 2013

The making of a Hitty

You may remember our person had been working on carving a new Hitty for a friend....


she was carving with walnut this time, but was finding it hard going...


This is where she left off in July.

This morning she ditched the walnut.  We are hoping she goes back to it at a later date as we are sure there is a Hitty in there waiting to come out!

Instead she worked with a softer wood and made good progress.



A body is starting to take shape we think.


Hopefully she won't be quite as 'Butch' as Hitty Madge...but shhh don't let her know I said that!


Yes I think I can see a Hitty in there somewhere.

Of course she did too much today....remember to PACE yourself our dear Person!


1 comment:

  1. Looking good so far! I wish I could carve. I just make a huge mess of it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi welcome to our Hitty World. We love to read comments so please feel free to make one. Have a good day.