Tuesday 7 January 2014

A new Hitty is born (carved)

Our human has been working on another Hitty and finished her a couple of days ago.  We had a little giggle as she isn't quite as 'butch' as our dear Hitty Madge, but she still has 'footballers arms and legs' as the human's husband said!


Here she is still a work in progress.


Her arms were sanded down a bit to make them more level with her shoulders.


Oh dear what has happened to her legs?!!


Few that is a relief.  Now she does have a waist of many a woman's envy!


She is only our human's second attempt at carving.


While she was being finished Hitty Ethel got to work making a dress for her as she may be leaving home.  Our human said that she would carve a Hitty Doll for a blog friend of hers, but we are not sure if she will like our dear new Hitty friend.  Whatever her decision, we will be either sad to see her go, but will wish her all the best with her onward journey to a new home across the ocean, or we will be happy for her to stay with us.  They say 'the more the merrier'!


We all say hello


I make her feel welcome and approach with open arms to give her a hug.



A little later I type up my memoirs upstairs in the company of Hitty Ethyl who says she has lots of sewing to get done!


Hitty Carol Faith shows Hitty around the house while Hitty Annabelle and Hitty Joyful read one of Hitty Robinson's wonderful books.  The children are enjoying their favourite wet day activity - listening to some music.


Hitty Granny Estelle is busy cooking up a feast, while Hitty Moana and Hitty Madge enjoy a cup of tea.

2 comments:

  1. I think she has lots of character and sweetness. Wherever she ends up, I'm sure she will be loved. I enjoy looking at your little wooden lovelies and their wonderful home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your own carved girls Lorraine. Hitty Madge reminds of one of my high school teachers who, though a little plump around the jaw in her late middle years, was definitely not butch looking. She was a wonderful lady, gentle, sweet-natured and with a flair for elegant dressing that completely took our breath away as teens. I used to imagine being as well turned out when I got older, but now I am that age, I just don't seem to have her flair!

    ReplyDelete

Hi welcome to our Hitty World. We love to read comments so please feel free to make one. Have a good day.