Saturday 25 August 2012

Fourth family member arrives, a quilt and a book.

The fourth member of our Hitty family arrived yesterday after a trip across the wide expanse of sea.


I welcome her with open arms and she gives me a lovely hug back.


She tells us a little about herself.

"Hello, my name is Hitty Moana, which is Maori for 'wide expanse of water/sea' and I was chosen so that our person could satisfy her need from something from home.  My history is very old as I am carved from 'Ancient/Swamp Kauri' I'm sure I have many stories to tell if only I remembered them".


We are astonished and also admire her darker colour and very pretty dress that she arrived in.

Hitty Patience explains that their person has been making a mini quilt for them all.  

"Shall we go and have a look at it?"  Hitty Patience asks.  
"Oh my isn't it wonderful?" she exclaims!



They all gather round the quilt.


"Gosh look at all the thin stripes that form the log cabin effect" Hitty Ethel says.

Hitty Granny Estelle holds the other side of the quilt.  "It certainly is interesting"

"Come on let's sit on it while Hitty Patience reads us the wonderful book that the Hitty Robertson has sent us to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of writing her journal".  Granny Estelle suggests.


The Rose Cottage Hittys all listen with wonder and hope that they get to go on such interesting adventures


They enjoy looking at all the wonderful photographs in the Journal and feel very lucky to have received such a wonderful gift and would like to send a very big thank you to Hitty Roberson and her person.



3 comments:

  1. Wow! Your Hitty family is growing very quickly! Congrats! Love the quilt & tiny book too.

    I know I posted a comment on your post about getting Granny, but for some reason it didn't show up. So Congrats again! She is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family circle is ever widening!
    Erin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how beautiful all your Hittys look, and your quilt is so wonderful - Wow I so need to try making something like that. Hitty Moana is so very Beautiful, its lovely to see her welcomed so happily by everyone - Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Hi welcome to our Hitty World. We love to read comments so please feel free to make one. Have a good day.