Wednesday 15 August 2012

Three Billy Goats Gruff


Pretty much as soon as my person learnt about me, Hitty, she joined a group called HittyGirls.  They also have a Yahoo Group of the same name that she also joined.  These Hitty fans enjoy the whole world of Hitty and also enjoy participating in many challenges, from dress making swaps, photo challenges, craft exchanges (for Hitty of course) and many more.  One of the photo challenges for August is 'Three Billy Goats Gruff' which my person thought might be fun for me to take part in...this was the challenge

"For this photo challenge please have Hitty dressed as a troll. Is she a cute troll (is there such a thing?) or a scarey troll or maybe she’s an ancient old bearded troll.  I can hear her giggle now…won’t she have fun dressing up as one of the Toll Bridge Trolls!"

 Well of course I wanted to take part - what fun it would be...

Out came the fabric and sewing machine, now what to make I thought.

I know I will make some frayed hemmed trousers, a dress/top out of some checked and woollen type fabric, which will need a belt of course.  Now what shall I do with my face, I can't possibly be a pretty troll can I?

Hitty Patience had a good think and a rummage and came up with a green felted beard and brown felted wool for the hair.  She had hoped to set the whole scene up outside, but the weather thought otherwise...so she improvised with other materials available around the house.  Her person made her a bridge, much to her delight, as she thought that was going to be a bit too difficult, with not having a 'handyman' around the place.


So without much further ado, Hitty Patience would like to present her version of 'The Three Billy Goats Gruff'...

Trip, trot, trip, trot...

'Who's that walking on MY bridge?' Roars Troll Hitty Patience..

"It is I, Littlest Billy Goat Gruff' Answers the little goat.

"You cannot walk across my bridge"  Troll Hitty Patience, tells the Little Goat

"Oh please, let me cross, there is not much of me to eat, and you have already eaten my two brothers?'   The Little Goat trembles in fear...


Troll Hitty Patience has a think...

Perhaps she thinks for too long...


Just before she goes to grab the Little Goat, he has skiddaddled across the bridge to greener pastures.



1 comment:

  1. LOL! This is my daughter's favorite childhood story. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Hi welcome to our Hitty World. We love to read comments so please feel free to make one. Have a good day.