Thursday 20 September 2012

Carving a Hitty - Part One

Our person has decided she would like to try her hand at wood carving her own Hitty.  Armed with new carving knives, gloves and a set of Hitty blanks she is all set to go.





Will these REALLY turn into a Hitty I wonder?


There are certainly lots of wood shavings happening, and yes, I think a leg might be taking shape there.


Another view...




Certainly starting to look a bit more shapely and less square now...

Let's compare with the other blank.


Hmm...still a way to go, but starting to look like a leg.


Some time later the other leg is starting to take shape as well.


I'm guessing she is going to have to take some sandpaper to these legs as well when she has finished carving them.  They are looking rather bumpy at the moment.  

Of course the next limbs to attempt will be the arms!  

Us Hittys think she is going to need some help with instructions for those!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a wonderful start! I can't wait to see each phase of your carving. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are doing great! I attempted carving a few years ago and failed miserably. I'd love to learn how, but there's no one close enough to give me hands on instruction. I really admire you for tackling this (among other things). My wish is that she turns out perfectly for you. I hope you will continue to share your progress with us. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi welcome to our Hitty World. We love to read comments so please feel free to make one. Have a good day.